Yesterday we did some intense inner discovery. Before arriving to this program we had to fill out a handful of different instruments in order for our private coach (who we will meet later on this week) and us to get to know us. Yesterday was a lot of me on me time.
- has vision; often brings up ideas about potentials and possibilities for the future
- entrepreneurial; seizes new opportunities
- recognizes ad rewards people for their work
- accepts criticism well; easy to give feedback on his performance
My development needs were:
- strong communicator on paper; good writing skills (duh! read a post or two and you can see that!)
- skilled at relating to many different types of people
That is the one that stood out to me and I am still processing. I am wondering if people think I cannot get along with different types of people or if that is a skill I have but needs development. As I send all this information down into my gut to be digested I will be looking at a couple of things. Now that my personality traits are clear, I will need to surround myself with people of different styles to bring out my best traits. My weaknesses can be easily filled by quality people who have strengths in those areas.
The best group to work with are those who do not share the same styles, the same thought processes, and have different strengths. This is always something I understood. The people I enjoyed working with usually were the non-planners, seat-of-their-pants style of operating (the styles that annoy me because they are the opposite of me).
Today we get another instrument back, so there will be more inner reflections. All this looking inside tires me out because I am a strong I, which means introvert. I like to keep quiet, digest everything internal, and reflects quietly. As time goes on, I’ll digest more and more, internally of course.