I was listening to a local radio station and they had a good bit on. They were asking who would you throw a shoe at in 2008? They, of course, are referring to the insult that was hurled at President George W. Bush, which came in the form of a report’s shoes. This got me thinking, looking back at 2008 who would I throw a shoe at?
Here is my list and I would love to hear yours:
- Jesse Jackson – for talking negitively off mic about Obama and then crying for the cameras at his acceptance speech on election night.
- Prosperity Preachers – who told people “God wants you to own a house” and so they rushed out to buy houses with horrible mortgages they couldn’t afford because “God’s favor was on them.” Now what are you preaching?
- Mortgage Lenders – who’s greed lead to this financial situation we are in
- Rod Blagojevich’s barber – I mean REALLY!
- Robert Mugabe – for gang-rapping his country with unemployment, disease, fear, and violence.
- The Media’s Political Coverage – for making me think I care about what candidates ate for breakfast was important for me to make a decision on who to vote for.
- Mother Nature – who buried too many people using her natural ‘talents’.
- OJ – for trying to get away with…well at least it wasn’t murder this time.
- Westboro Baptist Church – for promoting hate in the name of Christ and for picketing the funeral of UNC’s student body president who was murdered.
So who did I leave out? Who would you chuck a shoe at?