I am not sure about you but when I preach there are two things that are happening at once. I am concentrating the physical act of speaking in front of people and trying to make sense but then there is the inner dialogue that is happening too. I usually have a conversation with myself in my own brain while I am preaching.
I know I am not alone…at least I pray I’m not. I feel confident that I am not. Moving on.
I decided to make list of the ten common thoughts that go on in my head while preaching…please feel free to add your own in the comments.
- I hope they are looking at the Bible on their phones.
- Did I pronounce that right…oh well, just go with it and move on.
- Where was I?
- Am I saying “um” too much?
- Is it hot/cold in here?
- ________ is sleeping again.
- Is anyone hearing what I am saying?
- ________ is giving me good energy and eye sight, THANK YOU!
- We are going to run over…where can I trim a little on the fly?
- Was that the Holy Spirit talking right there?